A Thai man identified as Kritsada Supol, was electrocuted to death while charging his phone and using his earphones to listen to music.
24-year-old Supol was found dead on his mattress by the property owner, with his Samsung device plugged into a power point with a cheap charging cable. The man who was electrocuted while charging his phone and using his earphone, had signs of burning around his ears with the microphone section of the earphones resting over his lips.
Police Captain Jaleuk Polthong said;
‘We believe a short circuit caused his death while he was on the phone with someone or he was listening to music.’
Polthong added: ‘Many people could be in danger if they use cheap charging adapters which are not manufactured from the authorised company.
‘It looks like the victim was electrocuted but the body will be sent for an autopsy to confirm the exact cause of death.’