Job Vacancy: Customer Service & Logistics Manager West Africa at Cadbury Nigeria
Job Number: 1900159
Job: CS&L Management
Mondelez International LLC is a whole new company that has been re-imagined with a single focus in mind: create delicious moments of joy by sharing the world’s favorite brands. Launched on Oct. 1, 2012, and employing around 100,000 people around the world, Mondela’z International comprises the global snacking and food brands of the former Kraft Foods Inc.
Position Purpose Statement
- A brief but complete statement describing why the position exists.
- Leads all activities on a country level that influences the ability to service our customers in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- This includes activities related to demand planning, replenishment and deployment of finished goods, delivery of goods to customers and working closely with our customers to optimise the end to end supply chain.
Primary Accountabilities / Responsibilities
Key statements which describe the major accountabilities or responsibilities and the expected end result (Listed in order of importance):
- Drive integration of the supply chain by aligning product sourcing, logistics operations, customer service, using defined methods and applications.
- Drive smooth co-operation with Marketing, Finance, Sales and Manufacturing in order to deliver the business goals and high level of customer service.
- Develop, recommend and implement local strategies and plans for supply chain development to meet current and future business and customers’ needs, as well as the cost and productivity targets. Ensure operation controls and compliance.
- Establish communication channels across the business unit and various functions in order to ensure proper information flow and on time projects execution.
- Define and manage finished goods inventory levels to ensure high goods availability and low waste of finish goods as well as raw and pack materials
- Jointly own the local IBP process with the country GM to ensure accuracy of demand and distribution planning.
- Manage and develop CS&L team to ensure its competencies are aligned with the Organisation needs.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Language Requirements:
- University Degree
- Knowledge in Supply Chain strategies and executions, knowledge in Sales Strategies development as well as operation
- Good understanding of finance flow development and information systems configurations.
- Knowledge of SAP – OTC and APO
- Strategic agility
- Outstanding people management skills; ability to lead, guide and motivate and develop a team
- Cross-functional experience, especially in Sales and Finance, would be an asset.
- 10-12 years of experience in Supply Chain, Logistics and/or Customer Service management experience, ideally with an FMCG company.
- People / conflict management experience
- A succinct but comprehensive set of statements designed to provide a clear understanding about the complexities of the internal (company) and external (marketplace) environments in which the position operates.
- Examples of external complexity factors: economic environment; competitive market conditions; trade structure; social/political/labour structures and environments; corporate affairs/mass media environment; technological environment; etc…
- Sales within Traditional trade, Local Modern Trade and International Accounts channels across diverse categories.
- Keeping abreast of category issues that may arise.
- Work closely with cross functional teams to ensure alignment to business goals
- Balancing conflicting agendas for maximum profitability (COT vs Customer profitability)
- Legislative and economic fluctuations that influence sales within Traditional trade channels
- The effect of commodity prices and inflation on Traditional trade markets
- Lack of barrier to entry into channel leading to a large number of competitors with lower priced products competing in a market
- Weak economy leading to high levels of unemployment and therefore influencing the sales target achievement across channels
- Complex route-to-market across a vast geographic landscape.
- All pertinent statistics related to the position, which gives a clear picture of the size of the operation the position manages, influences or supports, and the magnitude (monetary measures, numbers of staff, etc.).
- An organization chart, which clearly shows two reporting levels above and two reporting levels below (if applicable), including peer positions.
A description of the basic purpose/scope of each direct report.
- Position Title of Direct Report Basic Purpose/Scope
- Logistics Operations Manager Manages all activities related to the warehousing and the distribution of our finished goods.
- Demand Planning Manager Manages the long and short-term demand of finished goods to ensure delivery of the demand plan and achievement of operational and commercial targets..
- CS OTC Manager Manages OTC End to End Service quality coordinate and manage country Customer Service & Finance Specialists; provide recommendations and outcomes that will enhance key management, organizational performance of local organization; ensure customer satisfaction with ultimate accountability.
Job Title: Payroll Specialist – West Africa
Job Ref #: 1900723
Career Area: Human Resources
- Collation of Inputs, prepare on templates and submit to outsource payroll Company
- Validate all payroll input to ensure policy compliance and legislation
- Extract Schedules for PAYE Remittances and send to Finance for payment
- Extract Payroll Journals and reconcile with Finance monthly
- Escalate and resolve payroll queries and IS unit timely
- Interaction with local unions (NUFBTE & FOBTOB) on dues deductions and monthly reconciliations
Pension Funds Administration:
- Ensure prompt remittance of monthly pension deductions for Nigeria.
- Management of all ten (10) Pension Fund Administration (PFA) related issues with PFAs and PFCs
- Provides updated proof of pension remittances to all 10 PFAs monthly.
- Organises PFA forum for Ikeja and Ondo Sites annually to educate employees.
- Handles all pension related matters for employees – (Under-remittances, data changes, retirements, claims, etc.)
- Provides assistance to ex-employees in making withdrawals from their RSA Accounts.
- Physical interaction with PFA representatives on quarterly basis
NHF Remittances / Loan Administration:
- Ensure prompt remittance of monthly NHF deductions for Nigeria
- Monthly generation of Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) for invoice generation and payment
- Coordinate NHF registration for new employees and submit same to the Ikeja branch
- Process NHF loans & Commercial Banks’ loan as well as handle correspondences for CNP staff
Expatriate Quota Preparation and Submission:
- Monthly preparation and physical submission of Expatriate quota to Nigeria Immigration office, Lagos
- Regular visitation and interactions with the NIS office for prompt resolution of Expatriates matters
Exit staff entitlements computations and issuance of approved letters:
- Liaise with Local branch and National unions on pay related issues in line with local and national collective agreements
Manage Annual Tax audits for Local & Expat staff and other tax matters:
- Interaction with internal and external Auditors on payroll & statutory audits
- Provide evidence of tax returns during periodic tax authority compliance visits
- Manage physical audits in all 36 states and FCT on PAYE matters and resolution of queries
- Liaise with Tax Manager on staff relocations and annual tax returns
Ghana Payroll Administration:
- Coordinate Ghana payroll management
- Ensure prompt and correct remittance of PAYE, SSNIT & PF monthly
- Provide back-up support for Ghana payroll administrations
- Manage Ghana Ministry of Labour and National union official visits to Ghana office
Upload Staff Benefits:
- Upload approved staff claims and related benefits on Bank platform
- University degree in Human Resources, Accounting/Finance or any related course.
- Fluent English, good PC knowledge (MS Office) Excellent Knowledge of Human Manager, SAP or other ERP tool
- Deep understanding of country specifics pay & Compensation laws
- Heavy contacts with Labour Office, Regulatory agencies, (36 Tax offices, PFAs, Immigration office, etc.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet set deadlines
- Good appreciation and knowledge of MS office suites
- Problem solving, analytical and conceptual skills (speak local Nigerian Languages)
- Ability to create / drive team spirit
- High ethical standard and level of integrity
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in similar function
- Demonstrable experience in handling/managing Payroll/Tax audits, Pension, NHF and Immigration matters
Job Title: Category Planning & Activation Manager
Job Number: 1814548
This role ensures we have winning strategies and activation plans by (RE) Retail Environment across all categories, based on insight, and cross functionally aligned. The role:
- Ensures Perfect store capability, planning, tracking & corrective action
- Provides 12-month price and promotional plans, in combination with other demand drivers to fully understand and assess sufficiency to AC targets
- Owns the 6-month Sales Activities grid, ensuring the right focus and prioritization and best optimal sales force capacity management.
- Ensures the Sales teams have the clarity, capabilities and tools to execute brilliantly
- Voice of customer, RE & shopper internally and the voice of the category for MT (Modern Trade)/ TT (Traditional Trade).
- Together with the BU Sales Director “orchestrates” the delivery of AC.
- Ensure category strategy in place, defining our role in market place by category.
- Identify category opportunities that exist across channels, customers and shoppers and feed it into the Commercial Planning Process, then translate the category strategy into an Actionable Customer Plans.
- Participates in and supports key customer engagements to secure strategic alliances, category captain partnerships and preferred supplier status that are in the best interest of Mondelez.
- Develop a syndicated information format to address the needs of the non-top 10, yet important, customers
- Utilizes consumer insights to define pricing/promotional activities as well as shelfing standards.
- Ensure SAMP (Sales Activation Master Plan) process applied to drive standard in collaborative planning, activation and tracking of key activities e.g. NPD (New Product Distribution).
- Ensure provision of category expertise to MT team to provide cat man support, big bet sell in support & growth orientated JBPs(Joint Business Plan)
- Ensure Picture of Success in place by RE leveraging shopper & category insight, aligned to global perfect store standards
- Ensure robust process for activation, tracking and corrective action of Perfect store KPIs, in collaboration with sales capability and MT / TT leads
- Defines merchandising best practice by RE through utilization of consumer, shopper and category insights
- Create the category GTN(Gross to Net) budget plan across channels and customers and coordinate the category business results delivery, monitoring the category forecast across channels and customers, monitoring the performance, and managing the gap filling process.
- Ensure 12 month price, promotional and activity programs in place, aligned to AC, and continuously improved through post analysis / ROI reviews
- Ensure SAMP (Sales Activation Master Plan) process contains robust bottom up sales views for NPD / key activities
- Ensure Revenue Management and ROI principles applied on all levels of trade spend and management of resources
- Ensure 6 month bottom up, assumption based sales forecast in collaboration with IBP(Integrated Business Plan) partners with contribution to longer term demand plan as part of country IBP process.
- Rolling 6 month activation grid in place for TT / MT teams as part of overall 12 month promotional plan.
- Tailor the Customer Category Vision to the local market and develop the category Picture of Success (PofS) by retail environment by customer and all supporting rationale and customer stories
- Ensures third party field agency (Activation and Merchandising) has the right capabilities, Skills, resources and information to deliver organisation Objectives.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Minimum 12 to 15 years related experience within an FMCG Sales/Marketing environment especially in Field Sales and Trade Marketing; and 3 to 5 year experience in Sales Leadership role.
- University Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or any related field. Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- Mixture of both Traditional Trade/Distributor channel and Modern Trade/Key Accounts understanding
- Marketing/Category experience is a plus
- Understanding of Sales Operation principles, Sales KPIs and Sales Force automation mechanics
- Awareness of Sales Capability importance and Sales Training key principles
- Leadership skills
- financial management
- Innovative skills
- Planning and organizational skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: